Mercury Glass Luminary
Mercury Glass Luminary:
Size of paper needed to make the project: 12" x 12"
Approximate Crafting Time: 20 minutes to 30 minutes
These beautiful jars will be perfect at any wedding or birthday party!
- Pull out the small glass jar (about pint size). Cut a strip from desired print in the DCWV’s Mercury Glass stack at 2-1/2”x12”. Wrap this around jar, securing it in place with double-sided super sticky tape.
- Cut one section of the 12x12 Silver Shimmer Die Cut sheet (2” wide x 12” long) and wrap it around the jar. Secure it on the backside of the jar with mini glue dots.
- Wrap a strip of 5/8” Natural Burlap ribbon around the center of the paper, tying it in a knot in the front.
- Using an electric die cutting machine, manual die cutting machine or paper punches, cut a 1-1/2” and 1” star from the silver and gold paper in DCWV’s Mercury Glass stack.
- Score both stars from top to bottom at each point. Bend the stars with a mountain fold at each point and a valley fold at the other score lines.
- Tie a piece of natural twine in a bow to the handle, making a knot at the end of each string. Use glue dots to adhere the stars to the ends of the twine ties.
- Add battery operated tea light to jar.
- Try using glue dots to adhere the twine strings in place on the jar
- Make a collection of jars to add outside your house!