Paper Crafting Projects
Embossed Floral Card
Embossed Floral Card:
Size of paper needed to make the project: 5-1/2" x 5-1/2" & 6" x 6"
Approximate Crafting Time: 15 minutes to 30 minutes
This elegant card is perfect to accompany a wedding gift!
- DCWV 6”x6” White Embossed Stack
- 5-1/2”x5-1/2” card base of choice
- 1 sheet of printed cardstock
- Artificial flowers
- Pearl adhesive embellishments
- Sewing machine (optional)
- Personal Die cut machine with leaf shape templates
- Paper trimmer
- Cut 3 pieces from the printed cardstock sheet, measuring 5-1/4”x5-1/4”, 4”x4”, and 1-1/2”x3-1/4” respectively.
- Cut a 5”x5” square from one of the sheets in the embossed stack. Select another pattern from the embossed stack and cut a 3-3/4”x3-3/4” and 1-1/4”x3” rectangle from the same print. Mount these sections of embossed cardstock directly in the middle of the corresponding (ones that are slightly larger than each one) pieces of printed cardstock from step 1. Layer them on the front of the card as shown with the largest grouping first, building up to the smallest one.
- If desired, add a straight stitch around the edge of each piece of embossed cardstock.
- Cut a selection of leaves using another embossed pattern from the stack. Use these and the faux flowers to embellish the middle of the card.
- Add in the pearl adhesive embellishments where desired.
- Pearl embellishments are easiest to use in the half pearl shape.
- Give the card additional color or texture by inking the embossed sections with desired inkpad.