Paper Crafting Projects
Embossed Shadow Box Butterflies
Embossed Shadow Box Butterflies:
Size of paper needed to make the project: 6" x 6"
Approximate Crafting Time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
These delightful butterflies will gladden any room! Perfect for dorms too!
- DCWV 6”x6” Colored Embossed Stack
- Butterfly paper punch
- Watercolors of choice
- Watercolor paper
- Shadow Box
- Paper Trimmer
- Paper Crafting Adhesive
- Cut watercolor paper to fit in the frame. Paint it with desired color(s) of paint, starting with a darker shade at the top and progressing to a lighter shade at the bottom. Set aside to dry.
- Punch out 7 butterfly shapes. Using the needle and thread, stitch up the center of the butterflies, securing the thread at the bottom (with nothing hanging out) and leaving 2 tails at the top (with the knot behind the butterfly here as well).
- Once the paint is dry, glue down the butterfly in desired order in a sweeping motion.
- Display and enjoy.
- When stitching down the center of the butterflies, start at the bottom and move toward the top, leaving the beginning knot behind the butterfly.