Paper Crafting Projects
Oversized Cardstock Pinwheel
Oversized Cardstock Pinwheel:
Size of paper needed to make the project: 16” x 20”
Approximate Crafting Time: 30 to 45 minutes per pinwheel
Need a party décor idea? How about something to top off a baby shower gift? Use the pinwheel pattern, customizing it to your desired theme, color, size and print.
- DCWV 16”x20”Premium Cardstock Stack: Primaries
- DCWV Oversized Pinwheel Template
- Paper Trimmer
- Paper Crafting Adhesive
- Large doilies
- Cut (2) 16” x 16” squares from different colors of cardstock. Adhere them together, textured side out. Adhere the doilies to one side.
- Using the template cut from each corner into the center of the cardstock square, leaving the center uncut.
- Fold every other point into the center and adhere them in place.
- Adhere a button in the center of the pinwheel.
- Attach pinwheel to a dowel.
- Repeat as desired.
If needed for step 3, rub the paper over the edge of a table to help it form smoother curves as it is folded in.
Use a solid and a print for the 2 sides of each pin wheel—this will eliminate the need for a set of doilies on one side of the project.
Try using double-sided cardstock to create the pinwheels; it will eliminate the need to use 2 sheets of paper for each pinwheel.
Click HERE to download.