Paper Crafting Projects
Oversized Geo Ornaments
- DCWV 16” x 20” Jewel Cardstock Premium Paper
- DCWV Geometric Hanging Display Templates
- Craft knife & extra blades
- Self-healing mat
- Paper Crafting Adhesive
- Scoring tools
- Something to hang ornaments from (i.e. string, ribbon, jute, chain, etc.)
- Trace and cut out each template piece. Arrange them onto the back of a sheet of cardstock (possibly 2), then trace and cut them out as well (for now, only cut out around the whole shape).
- Make a score line 1/4" down the middle section of each piece. Cut out the inside of each piece
- Adhere the first section to the center of the 2nd section, attaching them on the scored sections. If needed, wipe off any excess glue. Add on another piece, adhering it together in the same way.
- If using a string to hang the display, adhere it down the center now, tying a knot on one end and leaving a long enough tail at the other for hanging. Add in the last piece.
- Ensure that the glue is all dry before hanging up your project.
- Add in more sections if you are looking to make a fuller looking display.
- If a string or ribbon is not attached in step 4, attach it once the glue is dry.
- If using a chain to hold the display in place, you will need to punch holes in the top and add it there.
- Change up the cardstock colors, add prints, or reduce or enlarge the template asdesired for preferred end results.