Paper Crafting Projects
Embellished Gift Bags
Embellished Gift Bags:
Size of paper needed to make the project: 12" x 12"
Approximate Crafting Time: 20 minutes to 40 minutes
These bags are a wonderful way to make a gift more personal!
- DCWV 12”x12” Watercolor Stack
- Paper Trimmer
- Hole Punch
- Paper crafting adhesive (we used Scotch Advanced Tape Glider)
- Circle Punch/Die
- Tab Punch/Die
- Tissue Paper
- Select desired patterned card stock sheet(s) from the DCWV Watercolor Stack and a couple of plain gift bags.
- Disassemble the handle from each of the bags.
- Cut card stock ¼” smaller than the size of the gift bag face; adhere the card stock to the bag.
- Re-punch handle holes using the bag holes as a guide.
- Trim tags from the page in the stack.
- Trim decorative strips of papers and sentiments from another sheet in the stack.
- Add tags to the front of bag, layering them on top of a decorative strip of paper.
- Hand cut flags and adhere them to the bag as an accent.
- Add ribbon handle back into the bag.
- Add gift and tissue paper to transformed gift bag
- Punch the handle holes from the inside of the bag to the outside for best results.
- If desired, cut or punch circles from coordinating paper and adhere them to the tag as an embellishment.